Take a trip to Salford Quays: the home of MediaCityUK this Easter! There is a whole host of activities and events taking place that are ideal for children of all ages, and grown-ups too!
Families will find some of the UK’s best Easter events taking place atGreater Manchester’s contemporary waterfront destination, which is also home to some of the most spectacular attractions and iconic buildings in the UK. It’s one of the Northwest’s best cultural, sporting and leisure destinations; housed within one square mile, all of its attractions are within easy walking distance, making it the ideal location for a day out or weekend break with the family.
Keep the kids entertained this half term, with these not-to-be missed events and activities #QuayTips #TheQuaysatEaster:
- Join in the Easter fun at Ordsall Hall’s Bunny Trail from Monday 1stApril to Sunday 21st Find the rabbits hidden around Ordsall Hall and gardens and answer their riddles to get a reward at the end! (10am-4pm, £2, no booking required). Bring the whole family together for a fun and nature-filled discovery, Ordsall Hall’s Easter Egg Hunt will betaking place on Sunday 21stApril, running at 1:00-1:30pm and 2:30-3:00pm. (Booking required- suitable for ages 4years+, £4.50). Take part in Ordsall Hall’s Egg-cellent Egg Baskecreation session! Families can alsodecorate a ceramic basket ready for your Easter treats, from 10:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm on Monday 1stApril.
- The grade II listed venue will also be hosting its popular Tudor Playtime (Tuesday 2ndApril 10am – 12pm, free, drop in) and Tudor Toiletries (Thursday 4thApril 10am – 12pm and 1pm – 3om, £2, drop in) sessions for children to take part in and learn about the Tudor times! Find out how the Tudor children entertained themselves or how they kept themselves clean!
- Set sail with City Centre Cruiseson their Sunday Lunch Cruise on Sunday 21stApril at 1:00pm. You will transit the lock down onto The Manchester Ship Canal and River Irwell, where you will cruise to Salford Quays and view the spectacular scenery and developments that have taken place (Booking required, £32.95pp).
- Meet new friends and learn new skills along the way at the Helly Hansen Water Sport Centre this Easter at their Junior learn to wakeboard sessions! The sessions will be taking place from Monday 8thApril to Friday 12thApril, 09:30am- 12:30pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm. (Booking required, £90 per child, suitable for children aged 8-16 years). The Centre will also be hosting other Aqua Activities including kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding, sailing and raft building! Session runs from Monday 8thto Friday 12thApril from 9.30am – 12.30pm.(Booking required, £80 per child, suitable for children aged 8-16 years).
- Jump on board the broom with the witch and her cat in Tall Stories’ fun-filled adaptation of Room on the Broom at The Lowrythe best-selling picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler! From the 2nd– 7thApril, treat your family to an evening out at the theatre. Also on at The Lowry this Easter is the legendary Blood Brothers which tells the captivating and moving tale of twins who, separated at birth, grow up on the opposite sides of the tracks, only to meet again with fateful consequences. Shows are running from 9thApril- 13th
- The highly anticipated Lowry Outlet Makers Market will once again return with artisanal food, drink and crafts onFriday 19thApril and Monday 22nd April. The event will feature specially selected stalls, who source, grow, rear, bake, make, and create the products they sell, which ensures their goods are unique, original and designed to inspire. Pick up your Easter treats from one of over 80 stores across the weekend!
- Good Friday will see the annual Duck Race sponsored by Lowry Outlet take place in The Quays with the charity MedEquip4Kids. The event will kick off at 12.30pm with delicious food and drink available with the first race starting at 3pm! Watch giant yellow rubber ducks race down The Quays as part of the Business Challenge Mega Duck Race, decorated and sponsored by the local business community. The Big Duckling race will commence at 3.30pm and you are able to sponsor your own Big Ducking for just £2
- If you’re staying or passing by The Copthorne Hotelfrom the 19thto the 22nd of April, you can be the judge of their Easter Egg Decoration competition! The team at The Copthorne will be creating Easter Egg Decorations with guests asked to judge which is their favourite! Enter for a chance to win a complimentary Bed & Breakfast voucher in another exciting city! *
- The Lime Bar & Restauranthave created a spectacular Easter Milkshake, ‘The Boozy Shake Eggsplotion’ which guests can enjoy from Friday 19thApril to Monday 22nd The restaurant will also be hosting an Easter Egg competition on Sunday 21stApril where children can decorate their eggs, with the best egg of the day winning a prize!
- The Alchemist also has a menu specially designed for the kids, which includes a main for just £5 and dessert for an additional £1. The Alchemist is an eye-catching gold restaurant and bar in the middle of Salford Quays, featuring an outdoor terrace, which cantilevers out of the canal, and offers sweeping views of the water and surrounding area.
*Details on full prize coming soon. Please check The Copthorne website.
For more information on these events, visit www.thequays.uk
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VisitTheQuays
Sign up to our newsletter: https://www.thequays.uk/mailinglist/
Follow us on Twitter: @VisitTheQuays and share your best tips for a visit to Salford Quays using the hashtag #QuayTips
Follow us on Instagram: @VisitTheQuays and share your Easter activities in Salford Quays with the hashtag #TheQuaysAtEaster