GRINCHES, FESTIVE FORESTS & WINTERY WIZARDS:
DISCOVER THE MAGIC OF THE QUAYS AT CHRISTMAS!
Salford Quays: the home of MediaCityUK is gearing up for the festive season, with a range of Christmas treats and experiences for the whole family! With a jam-packed programme of not-to-be missed activities and seasonal offers, find some of the UK’s best events taking place at Greater Manchester’s contemporary waterfront destination.
An iconic cultural and architectural hub, Salford Quays will be showcasing events including a light festival, dance performances, musical interludes and the best in seasonal dining and parties; everything you need to get you feeling festive throughout November and December!
For all the family:
• Join the Lowry for a heart-warming and hilarious stage production of Dr Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical, with performances from Tuesday 10th December 2019 – Sunday 5th January 2020. Starring Griff Rhys Jones and Matt Terry as Old Max and Young Max, respectively, and Edward Baker-Duly as the scheming Grinch himself, the production tells the classic Dr Seuss tale, as The Grinch discovers there’s more to Christmas than he thought! A must-see musical bursting with holiday cheer.
• The unmissable Lightwaves Festival returns to illuminate Salford Quays from Friday 6th December to Sunday 15th December 2019. The ever-popular annual light festival from Quays Culture is free to attend and sees the transformation of Salford Quays by a collection of interactive light installations. Suitable for all ages, guests are advised to wrap up warm, and download the free app to follow the festival trail!
• Ordsall Hall have a great programme of Christmas events for the whole family throughout December. Meet Father Christmas in his grotto on Sunday 8th and Sunday 15th December, between 1:00 – 4:00pm for £5 per child (booking is essential); children can meet the legendary Mr Claus and tell him all about their Christmas list and whether they’ve been naughty or nice this year, before choosing a special gift from Santa’s Elves workshop in the Star Chamber.
• Step into the festive season with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra’s annual Christmas Concert in Ordsall Hall’s beautiful Grade 1 listed Great Hall. Listen to an hour-long programme of classical Christmas favourites, followed by mince pies and hot refreshments, for only £5 per person.
• Experience the enchantment of Christmas with Tangled Dance Company at Ordsall Hall as they present Frosted by Magic. See the enthralling tale of wizards and the ‘Tailors of Illusion’ as they work to untangle the roots of greed and restore the warmth of Christmas, told through a spellbinding promenade dance performance throughout the rooms of the Hall. Perfect for all the family, Frosted by Magic is unforgettable festive spectacle of spells, secrets and festive fun, featuring live classical musicians and mesmerising dancers. Tickets from £10 per adult and £8 per child (plus booking fee), approx. 1-hour production.
Performance dates and times:
– 14th December 2019: 2:30pm, 4:30pm & 6:30pm
– 15th December 2019: 4:30pm, 6:30pm & 8:30pm
– 21st December 2019: 2:30pm, 4:30pm & 6:30pm
– 22nd December 2019: 4:30pm, 6:30pm & 8:30pm
• A Festive Wreath Making Afternoon will be taking place at Ordsall Hall on Sunday 1st December, from 1:30 – 4:00pm, for only £15 per person. Learn how to design and assemble a festive wreath for the front door, choosing from a range of organic and natural products such as pinecones, cinnamon, holly, conifer and berries. Resident Head Gardener Jo Green will be on hand to help, with refreshments also included.
For Christmas dinners, family gatherings and work parties:
• Experience the magic of winter in the countryside in the heart of Manchester with the Enchanted Forest at the Copthorne Hotel this December. The Heritage Suite will be transformed into a frosty woodland landscape, available for both private and shared Christmas parties. For only £36 per person, each guest will receive a drink on arrival, a festive three-course dining experience, DJ and dancefloor, plus party favours to take home as memento of a magical evening.
• Join the Alchemist, Salford Quays as they embrace being Kooky for Christmas, with a theatrical festive menu. Sample innovative twists on festive favourites, including dishes such as turkey roulade served with stuffing bon-bon, savoy cabbage, port and cranberry gel and a red wine jus, and orange polenta cake with Christmas pudding gelato, meringue, port and cranberry gel and walnuts. Prices start from just £30 per person.
• For the ultimate Christmas night out, head to Lime for their BIG XMAS BASH – an evening of food & music on Salford Quays taking place on Thursday, 5th of December. Eat, drink and be merry with family, friends or colleagues for just £32.50 per person, which includes a three course sit down meal, festive cocktail on arrival, and live music entertainment to help you dance the night away! Lime Bar & Restaurant have pulled out all the stops this year, with their Christmas party options ranging from 2 & 3 course sit down meal in their beautiful copper clad restaurant, to relaxed nibbles and drinks enjoyed in the large open plan bar. Lime’s festive Fridays will run from the 6th to the 20th of December, featuring Happy Hour from 5 till 7pm, and guest DJs from 8pm till late.
• Enjoy a Festive Party Night at the AC Marriott Hotel Manchester Salford Quays! Available throughout November and December from just £25.00 per person or why not book a Festive Tapas Lunch? Available from only £16 per person, from 1st November 2019 until 31st January 2020 at the AC Lounge, this seasonal lunch option brings the best of Mediterranean flavours for a sensationally spicy celebration!
• For a colleague Christmas celebration with a difference, Ordsall Hall Festive Afternoons offer the perfect alternative to the standard office Christmas party, or a great option as a team away day. From just £200 for up to 20 people, receive a half day meeting room hire in the Manor House, a private historical guided tour of the Hal and a break with mulled wine and a delicious mince pie. (Available Monday-Thursday November-December 2019 only).
• For something out of the ordinary, why not consider choosing the Helly Hansen Watersports Centre to host a Christmas party or festive team-building day? Featuring a unique waterside venue, the option for water use and several room options, the venue is perfect for team-building and smaller work gatherings.
• Give your Christmas party guests something to remember in a very unique setting at City Centre Cruises. Hire one of their boats exclusively for your special festive event for up to 50 guests, which can be tailored to your needs. For a unique Christmas gift, you can also purchase a gift voucher; Valid for a year, the voucher gives the gift of a three-course roast dinner and a three-hour cruise around Manchester and Salford Quays, all for only £32.95 per voucher (per person).